SEMI Hockey Coaching Resources
Coaching a team this season? Make sure your courses are up to date to avoid ineligibility! The first 3 qualifications below (red -> green) must be completed prior to participation on the ice or bench. Your coaching course (in blue) must be completed no later than December 1st (Development 1) or December 15th (Coach 1/Coach 2)
Have you previously coached a team and would like to check to see if you are up to date with qualifications? the eHockey website is no longer. You will need to create a new login/account for the new Hockey Canada Registry. CLICK HERE for instructions on how to set it up. You will then need to link your Hockey Canada ID to your account in order to view your qualifications. CLICK HERE for detailed instructions on how to do so.
CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK (CRC): Complete an online CRC (every 3 seasons).
- Complete your CRC online here: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/criminalrecordcheck. Be sure to use the ACCESS CODE: : 474NMQ6BQH. The online CRC will be emailed to the SEMI Hockey office directly.
- If you are unable to complete the online check, please head into your local RCMP branch to get it done in person. Bring THIS LETTER and 2 pieces of ID. If you get an in person CRC completed, you will need to scan/email a copy of your CRC to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CLICK HERE for Surrey RCMP locations and hours | CLICK HERE For White Rock RCMP location and hours
RESPECT IN SPORT FOR ACTIVITY LEADERS (RIS): Complete the online RIS-Activity Leaders Course . This course must be renewed every 5 seasons. You MUST ensure that you use the pre-registration code SMH-T2D4W8D and ensure that Semiahmoo is selected from the organizations list. If you have taken this course for another sport (such as coaching with Coastal FC) please click the link above, log-in and you will find information on how to import your certificate to your Hockey Canada profile.
CONCUSSION AWARENESS TRAINING TOOL 'COACH' (CATT): Complete the online CATT-Coach course.
Please note that you cannot go on the ice/bench or be rostered and will not have access to HiSports.App prior to completing the above three requirements.
On-Ice Helpers (helping on the ice for practices only) need to complete the above three requirements prior to participation. They must also be rostered on your official Hockey Canada roster.
BC HOCKEY COACHING COURSE: Complete the required BC Hockey coaching course for your division (see graph below) Coaching courses will become available on the BC Hockey website in early October.
- COACH COURSE REIMBURSEMENT: Once you have completed your applicable coaching course in its entirety and have the above three requirements (CRC, RIS-Activity Leaders, CATT) completed, you are approved and rostered to a team, you are then eligible for course reimbursement.
- Coach 1: Attended and completed the HU-Online Coach 1/Coach 2 and Coach 1 courses,
- Coach 2: Completed the HU-Online Coach 1/Coach 2 course (if applicable), attended the Coach 2 course AND submitted your post-task assignment along with the 'verification of post-task completion' sheet to Dave Newson: email@example.com,
- Development 1: Completed part 1 and part 2 of the Development 1 course, completed the Making Ethical Decisions course, completed your workbook and have been evaluated by Dave Newson at one of your practices.
- If the above tasks have been completed, email a completed Expense Reimbursement Request Form along with your payment receipts (in one email), and to Suzanne Cyr: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Coach Application (Rep Teams)
- Coach Resource Files (Google Drive)
- Coaches Initial Duty
- Coach Bench Card
- Coach - Code of Conduct (complete & hand to your Team Manager)
- Mandatory Helmet Policy
- Teaching Body Checking the Right Way
- BC Hockey Coaching Info & Links
CROSS-ICE INFO (U6-U9)
- BC Hockey - U6-U9 Program Delivery - General Information
- BC Hockey - Gameplay Best Practices
- BC Hockey - Officiating Guidelines
- BC Hockey - U11 Transitional Plan
CODE OF CONDUCT & MEDICAL FORMS
- **NEW**SEMI Hockey COVID Responsibility Code
- COACH CODE OF CONDUCT
- PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT (no need to collect as they were collected at time of registration)
- PLAYER CODE OF CONDUCT (no need to collect as they were collected at time of registration)
- MEDICAL INFORMATION FORM (no need to collect as info was collected at time of registration. Managers can view medical forms on the rostering tab in TeamSnap (click each player profile, scroll to bottom, click medical form link to download)
FUNDRAISING & OFF-ICE ACTIVITIES
- BC Gaming Licence Application (for raffles & 50/50)
- Special Events Sanction Form (must complete for off-ice activities, dryland, etc.)
- Insurance & Entrepreneurial or Private Instructors and Groups
HISPORTS & GAME DAY ESSENTIALS
- HiSports Electronic Game Sheet Information & Sign Up
- HiSports Scratch Pad
- HiSports 'How to Find Other Teams Contact Information'
- HiSports Coach & Manager Training
- Centennial Arena Score Clock Instructions
ICE MANAGEMENT ESSENTIALS
- Team Manager Manual 2021-22 (contains useful info for Coaches as well)
- BC Hockey Conduct Policy 4.06 Alcohol Drugs Tobacco and Illegal Activity
- Co-Ed Dressing Room Policy
- SEMI Hockey Logo - Information
TEAMWEAR, FANWEAR, JERSEYS, SOCKS
- Cyclone Taylor Team Wear & Socks
- 2020-21 3rd Jersey Order Form + Info (U11A + up only)
- Policy on Team & Fan Wear