Safety Personnel Resources
Planning to be a Hockey Canada certified Safety Person (HCSP) for your team this season? Make sure your courses are up to date to avoid ineligibility! Course requirements must be completed in full prior to participation.
Have you previously been an HCSP for a team and would like to check to see if you are up to date with qualifications? Login to your eHockey account and check your courses and expiry dates! CLICK HERE to login.
CRIMINAL RECORDS CHECK (CRC): Complete an online CRC (every 3 seasons).
- Complete your CRC online here: https://justice.gov.bc.ca/criminalrecordcheck. Be sure to use the ACCESS CODE: : 474NMQ6BQH. The online CRC will be emailed to the SEMI Hockey office directly.
- If you are unable to complete the online check, please head into your local RCMP branch to get it done in person. Bring THIS LETTER and 2 pieces of ID. If you get an in person CRC completed, you will need to scan/email a copy of your CRC to email@example.com.
- CLICK HERE for Surrey RCMP locations and hours | CLICK HERE For White Rock RCMP location and hours
RESPECT IN SPORT FOR ACTIVITY LEADERS (RIS): Complete the online RIS-Activity Leaders Course . This course must be renewed every 5 seasons. You MUST ensure that you use the pre-registration code SMH-T2D4W8D and ensure that Semiahmoo is selected from the organizations list. (please ensure you take the ACTIVITY LEADERS course, NOT the parent course.
CONCUSSION AWARENESS TRAINING TOOL 'COACH' (CATT): Complete the online CATT-Coach course.
HU-ONLINE SAFETY COURSE: Complete the Hockey Canada online safety course (must renew every 3 seasons)
- Once completed, fill out the Expense Reimbursement Request Form and send to firstname.lastname@example.org for course reimbursement
- It is at the discretion of the Head Coach whether the Safety Person is on the bench or just within easy access to the bench so he/she can attend to a player.
- The Safety Person is not allowed to Coach and if seen actively coaching, will face disciplinary action at the discretion of the Managing Director.
- The Safety Person is eligible to be a on-ice helper, but cannot be actively coaching. That is the job of those with the coaching qualifications. They are helpers, ie, pushing pucks, keeping players in order etc.
TEAM SAFETY PERSONNEL ESSENTIALS
- Role of a Team Safety Person/Trainer
- Emergency Action Plan
- Player Medical Form
- Injury Log (Team)
- Injury Report Form
- Return to Play Form
- Team Manager Manual 2021-22 (contains useful info for HCSPs as well)
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES & LINKS
- Arena Inspection Checklist
- BC Hockey Safety & Risk Mgt Manual
- BC Hockey Handbook
- BC Hockey Conduct Policy 4.06 Alcohol Drugs Tobacco and Illegal Activity
- Cell Phones, Cameras, PDA's Policy
- Complaint Submission
- Concussion Card
- COVID-19 Responsibility Code (revised Sept 2021)
- Helmet Policy
- Hockey Canada Safety Program Essentials - Downloads
- Hockey Canada Event Sanctioning Guidelines
- PCAHA RULE BOOK - 2019-20
- Surrey Arenas Rules & Guidelines
- Safety Requires Teamwork & Safety for All
- Two-Deep Method
- Zero Tolerance Policy